14 April 2010
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is widely regarded as a leader in the global hospitality industry, with a distinctive collection and a worldwide reputation for excellence. In this episode of Brands That Travel, we welcome Tom Storey, President of Fairmont. Prior to joining Fairmont in 2001, Mr. Storey was with Promus Hotels, a hotel management and ownership company, as Executive Vice President Strategic Planning & Venture Operations.
Tom Storey, President of Fairmont Hotels
In this episode, Mr Storey reveals:
- The reasoning behind the leisure transient mix of business (1:17)
- How Fairmont reinforces its brand internally (4:38)
- How being based in Canada has affected international growth (7:08)
- Role hybrid development opportunities will play in Fairmont's development strategy (8:47)
- Whether there is need to reduce the emphasis on Luxury (11:39)
- How he sees the hotel & travel industry evolving over the next decade (16:01)
- The Traveling Five (18:38)
How do you see the industry evolving over the next decade? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Click to Play on Mobile