25 July 2011
Ken W. Watson is Silversea's executive vice president and chief operating officer. Based in the company's Fort Lauderdale office, Watson is responsible for Silversea's worldwide sales and marketing operations and oversight of revenue management and performance, reservations and air/sea.
Before joining Silversea in April 2009, he was executive vice president for the Regent and Carlson companies, operating in the cruise, travel and hotel businesses. Prior to that, Watson served as president and chief executive officer for companies such as Little Switzerland (a publicly traded retail jewelry company later acquired by Tiffany & Co.), Cartier Inc. and Gumps Inc.
He earned a master of business administration degree from Pace University and a bachelor of science degree in economics from Villanova University.
Mr. Watson shares:
- His history in the luxury travel space (0:43)
- Where do you see the cruise industry in 5 years? (3:46)
- What is your view on travel agent revenue mix? (7:15)
- How have geo-political situations changed cruise travel? (8:50)
- What environmental considerations does Silversea take? (10:23)
- Do you believe booking windows are shortening? (13:41)
- The traveling five (16:58)
Click to Play on Mobile